Google
 

Friday, August 24, 2007

Solution: N95 rebooting

Remember how I complained about my N95 that kept on rebooting? And that I ended up having it returned to the reseller for service? And that I stated that it worked perfectly when I got it back?

Well, it didn't. It worked perfectly for the first day or so, and then it got just as bad as it was before it got its service.

Now I've found out what the issue is all about:
It seems that after I updated the firmware to version 12.0.013, the feature of synthetically speaking the name of who is calling you, makes the phone reboot (almost) every time somebody actually calls you. Not good.

But after I turned off that feature, it works perfectly again. Nice!

The synthetic voice-thing is turned off here:
Tools -> Settings -> General -> Personalisation -> Tones -> Say caller's name (-> Off).

That's it! :-)

technorati tags:, , , , , , ,

1 comment:

  1. Hi...
    Had the same error on my N95. Now it works fine... after switching 'Say caller's name' OFF...

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! I look forward into hearing your comments/oppinions.