Google
 

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Solved: JRoR, Goldspike + NetWeaver

I finally managed to get a database backed JRuby on Rails application to run smoothly on SAP NetWeaver '04 (J2EE1.4 + JDK1.4).

What I needed to do to get it working was:

  1. Adding the MySQL jar file to war.rb (thanks to Raphaël for leading me in that direction)
  2. Moving my code to an empty rails application (perhaps something went wrong with the goldspike plugin?)
  3. Creating the war file using goldspike
  4. Building jruby.jar for myself
  5. Deleting jruby-complete-1.0.jar from the war file, and adding my own jruby.jar together with a couple of other dependent jar files (seems to be the ones from retroweaver).
  6. Packaging and deploying the war file to the NetWeaver Application Server

Note: I tried to just build jruby-complete.jar, but for some reason it didn't work (I got a NoClassDefFoundError: null in line 715 of Ruby.java). That's why I built jruby.jar instead.

So I actually have my first JRuby on Rails application running on SAP NetWeaver 2004 now! :-)

I'm all joy.

The SQL Server issue still remains, but is of less importance.

technorati tags:, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I look forward into hearing your comments/oppinions.