Google
 

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Nice samples to (JRuby on) Rails!

If you want to try out how easy it is to build Rails applications with JRuby and Netbeans 6.0 M9 (or newer), check out the following to sampes:

  1. Build a Rails based blog in less than 10 minutes, and
  2. Flickr on Rails

The first one actually took me almost 15 minutes, because my machine crashed (I think it's a bug in my graphics adapter driver from nvidia on windows XP, on a Dell Precision M70, and seems to have nothing to do with Java/Netbeans directly). If you - like me - use JRuby 1.0 instead of the M9 supplied JRuby 0.9.8, remember to put the derbyclient.jar into your JRuby 1.0 folder instead of the folder from the M9 installation ;-) - and if you've ever before heard of a "fist post", this is it:

The next Flickr browser application, is a bit more involved. If you - as I - already have a Flickr API key, it shouldn't take you too long. I got the application up and running in about 14 minutes:

Awesome examples! :-)

technorati tags:, , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I look forward into hearing your comments/oppinions.